Lists (including my best albums of 2016 list)
Lists is are important to me. My mind works in list format. In idea formulation, I first turn to lists and then expand from there. I have many ideas and aspirations to keep track of and then sub lists within them all.
I have a trajectory I could envision for my life and to get there, I have a number of logical steps. Always learning and being present in the moment and thinking is a constant throughout the progression. Currently, I am a student at Ohio State. I need to get an internship soon. So I will immediately upon breaks completion start working on a number of ideas:
1. expansion of my arts.
2. I will also have to allocate certain funds I am getting from the school as "Second-year Transformational Experience." Initially, I leaned towards using this money to go abroad. Interest in that left when I learned of the bureaucratic stipulation of allowing only school sanctioned (expensive) abroad experiences. Due to this I have decided to take spring break abroad and then use STEP money in the US.
3. Planning my spring break trip to Spain. My group currently wants to go to Barcelona, then Dublin for St. Patricks DayI chose to go to Spain instead of Florida like my friends because the flight was the same price (400) but in Spain I will experience culture, artistic inspiration and learning, incredible partying and socialization with all cultures. Going to Florida is a continuation of college partying in a new scene, the beach. Much of this trip will not be remembered and photos and vague memories do not expand a persons mind at all.
4. A music based club and multi-college organization/website. I will focus on concert photography and hopefully gain access by reviewing concerts and music. I will be applying to a music industry scholarship and I hope this can be a way for me to stand out.
Lists also inspire me. I have spent many hours looking over lists of 2016's top music by almost any source imaginable. I have let this expand my tastes and I am excited to continue this exploration in conjunction with the aforementioned club. A couple weeks ago I made a list of my top 10 albums and songs of 2016. Even after reading all of these list my opinions prevail. Read on if interested.
My Top 10 Albums of 2016
1. Blonde/Endless – Frank Ocean
2. Blackstar – David Bowie
3. Freetown Sound – Blood Orange
4. Teens of Denial - Car Seat Headrest
5. Deakin – Sleep Cycle
6. We got it from Here… Thank You 4 Your service
7. Pool - Porches
8. 22, A Million - Bon Iver
9. 99.9% - Kaytranda
10. A moon Shaped Pool – Radiohead
11. Anderson.Paak - Malibu
12. DJ Shadow - The Mountain Will Fall
13. Frankie Cosmos - next thing
14. Danny Brown - Atrocity Exhibition
15. James Supercave - Better Strange
Best songs released in 2016
*This post was written in a couple waves throughout winter break. Curiosity comes in waves. I have found that sleeping late, eating well, working out, and napping leads to late nights of great thought and ideas. I get very productive in the hours past midnight. I couldn't sleep so I started writing this post at 4:30am on December 23rd.